Local Crematorium Information
Woodvale crematorium is situated on Lewes Road, Brighton. Built originally in 1856 and refurbished most recently in 2013, the North and South Chapels are either side of the main crematorium building (in the photograph the North Chapel is on the left-hand side). Each chapel has:
free parking including spaces for disabled badge holders
a waiting room with toilets (located opposite the South Chapel)
seating for approximately 80 people
an online music system
a screen to display images
an electric organ
disabled access and hearing aid loops
When there is a large congregation expected it is possible to have both chapels together at an extra cost, giving a seating capacity of 160 and standing room, in such an instance the service is relayed in to the additional chapel via a TV screen.
The Downs Crematorium
The Downs Crematorium opened in 1941 on the site of Brighton and Preston Cemetery and is situated in Bear Road Brighton.
The Downs has two Chapels that can accommodate both large and small funerals. The crematorium also has access for the disabled, disabled toilets and a hearing loop.
The Main Chapel has seating for 80 people and has standing room. In the event of a very large congregation there are facilities for the service to be relayed to those outside via external speakers. The Chapel has a dedicated online music system and an organ.
The second chapel the family chapel is smaller and more intimate seating 24 people. The Chapel has a dedicated online music system but no organ.
Contact us to arrange a meeting
with our Funeral Directors: 01273 734242